Juvenile Defense Lawyer Helping Families in Amherst & Throughout Western Massachusetts
Conviction for a juvenile crime can damage a child’s future; hindering their college eligibility, receipt of scholarships, and future employment options. That is why it is critical to work with an experienced juvenile defense attorney with a deep understanding of the juvenile court system and its unique set of rules and procedures. Working with a dedicated lawyer can mean the difference between your child learning a valuable lesson and living permanently with his or her mistake. Attorney Whitney will fight for a resolution that promises the best possible future for your child.
Amherst Juvenile Crimes Attorney
A juvenile can be arrested for the same crimes as an adult. In some cases, prosecutors may seek to have them tried as an adult as well, depending on the nature and severity of the crime. Attorney Whitney is an experienced juvenile crimes lawyer who will fight for your child to have their case heard in juvenile court and will work diligently to protect their future and freedom. As a parent, it is difficult to be objective regarding the future of your child following an arrest. Mr. Whitney can help you better understand your options.
Juvenile Crimes Charges
Just as with adult criminal offenses, juvenile crimes may include a number of different charges, such as the following:
- Drug Crimes – Drug offenses, such as marijuana possession or the unlawful use of drug paraphernalia, are among the most common juvenile crimes.
- Alcohol Offenses – Mr. Whitney represents juveniles charged with underage drinking who have received Minor in Possession (MIP) citations. He also represents minors charged with DUI — however, these cases are dealt with in Adult District Court.
- Malicious Mischief – The specific offense, as well as the potential penalties, depends largely upon the value of the damage.
- Burglary – Burglary and other property crimes including trespassing, vehicle prowling, theft, possession of stolen property, possession of a stolen motor vehicle, and/or taking a motor vehicle without permission.
- Assault – Juvenile fights can turn into assault charges with criminal consequences. Mr. Whitney represents minors accused of assault and other violent crimes.